Thursday, September 9, 2010

Rails To Trails

Our running group meets Tuesday nights at 8:15 PM at the North Coast Inland Trail in Oberlin.  This is a great place to run at night as it is flat and straight (being an old railroad track) and it doesn't take much light to be able to navigate the path.

Other communities are also developing Rails To Trails.  In Huron County, several sections of the Firelands Rails To Trails are complete.  I have run on the section from Norwalk to Monroeville, about 3 miles long.

Also in my hometown of New London, Ohio, there is a movement underway to develop a Rails To Trails path to neighboring Greenwich!

In August I had occasion to travel to Bowling Green for my son's soccer tournament.  It was long-run weekend for me so in between games I made my way to the Slippery Elm Trail.  Another straight and flat paved path, this one even has water fountains at a few access points along the way.

Please use these trails and support their development!

No comments:

Post a Comment